The Building Committee has continued to work during the pandemic via zoom. The Building Committee has focused on the chancel platform area and other renovations in the sanctuary while a subcommittee entitled the Audio Visual Lighting Sanctuary Committee was formed to improve the sound, visual quality and lighting in the sanctuary. The purpose of both of these groups was to open and enlarge the chancel space for more flexible programming, increase the visual presentation of what occurs in this space, increase the sound clarity and address the lighting in this space. This would provide an enhanced experience for in person gatherings and the ability to do live streaming of the programming.
The Building Committee led by Jack Hinterlong hired Wilde Design, the architect that designed the new addition, for the design work in the chancel area of the sanctuary.
Look through this photo gallery of our updates!
A brief summary follows:
- Chancel platform goes from three levels to 2 levels.
- A soffit that hides a new screen and lighting.
- Large flat screens on each side of the chancel area north and south above the steps.
- New theater lighting from the ceiling in the back of the sanctuary along with a projector.
- New AV station in the back corner to replace the existing with new technology equipment.
- Removal of the first row of pews and segment of pews on the south in front of the AV station.
- New flooring in chancel area, entrance foyer and carpeting in sanctuary.