Welcome to our Turquoise Table page! The Turquoise Table movement sets out to build and encourage community, connection and conversation. Below are some conversation starters to get you going! For more info on how the Turquoise Table got started, check out www.theturquoisetable.com
“Where are BUMC’s turquoise tables?”
Visit them all! We currently have Turquoise Tables located:
- at Batavia United Methodist Church, off of Water Street
- in Downtown Batavia near the Fox River
- at the Batavia VFW
Turquoise Table Conversation Starters
1) What do you love most about the Batavia community?
2) Did you grow up in Batavia or did you move here from somewhere else?
3) Do you have any favorite family or neighborhood traditions?
4) If you could change or add something to your community, what would it be?
5) Do you have a favorite local community festival or event?
Share Something About Yourself:
1) If you could spend one hour doing absolutely anything, what would you do?
2) If you won a million dollars in the lottery, how would you spend it?
3) If you could look into the future to find out one thing, what would you want to know?
4) What is your favorite meal or local restaurant and why?
5) Who has made the biggest impact on you and why?
Making A Difference:
1) What was an act of kindness you offered or received?
2) Have you ever helped a total stranger?
3) What lasting lesson did you learn from your parents?
4) What one new thing did you learn in the last week?
5) Have you ever been on a mission trip? Run a marathon? Volunteered for a cause?
Travel and Leisure
1) How many states have you visited? Which is your favorite and why?
2) How many foreign countries have you visited? Which was your favorite?
3) What do you like to do for fun? Sports? Gardening? Games? Cooking?
4) “Life is not measured by the breadths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away” (George Carlin). When have you had such a moment?
5) What is the last favorite movie, book, tv show or podcastthat had an impact on you?
1) When and how often do you pray? What motivates you to pray?
2) When have you experienced a situation where you think God intervened?
3) Have you ever had a “spiritual experience”? Describe the situation.
4) What’s your favorite bible verse and why
5) If you could ask God one question he would answer right away, what would it be?
Before You Go
1) Find something you both like.
2) Find something you both have experienced.
3) Find something you both would like to do some day